Quite a few people have asked for a 'tutorial' on my weathering techniques; I hope this step by step helps!
1) chipping with grey/black using sponge. Put more chips than you need then use short bristle brush and water to remove the ones you don't want.
2) Be brave; cover your lovely paint job in wash!
3) Use white spirit and very gently brush off wash leaving it to pool around bolts/seamed etc. Repeat until happy with results. BE CAREFUL... don't brush too hard at this point or you can remove the base coats of paint, spoiling the model!!!!! 😳
4) dry brush model with light colour to match your main cammo colour.
5) streak and grime every detail, line, corner etching.
6) after 10mins, use short brush to brush streak and grime in downward direction to create streaks, not too hard, must leave some around the feature!! 7) pigment mix appropriate colours with water and brush into corners and lines of tank, once dry, short bristled brush excess away.
8) Gently dry brush aloy/steel colour over edges.
9) Add some fuel/oil stains!
I really hope this helps, if you have any questions, please ask!! 😁👍🏼