Back home after a long weekend in Melbourne 😞and back to eating healthy. 🌱I will spend my day tomorrow prepping lots of healthy meals like these couscous chickpea falafel salad jars using @thechiaco chia seeds 👌🏻(recipe below) as well as bircher muesli, green soup, kale salads and low sugar bliss balls after a big weekend of eating! ☺️😉 We had such a good time in Melbourne with friends and family, going to the Ed Sheeran’s concert and celebrating our 5th wedding Anniversary! 💕💕
Couscous Chia and Chickpeas Salad Jars using @thechiaco
Makes 2. • ½ cup of cooked couscous (cooked to the packet instructions)
• 3 tbsp of Chia Co Salad Booster or chia seeds
• 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
• 4-6 falafels
• 1-2 tomatoes
• 1 cup of baby spinach
• 1 handful of coriander leaves
• tahini lemon dressing (recipe below) (2tbps of tahini, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 lemon)
• salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.
1. Cook the couscous as per the packet instructions and leave to cool.
2. In 2 jars, add in the cooked couscous mixed with chia seeds or salad booster.
3. Add in the chickpeas then the falafels.
4. Layer the tomatoes diced and the baby spinach on top of the jar.
5. Top with a few coriander leaves, salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
6. In a separate container to take make the tahini lemon dressing using 2 tbsp of tahini mixed with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 lemon juiced.