With so many techniques, it's hard to explain to your stylist what exact style you're going for. Here's a helpful guide❤. #Repost @authentichairarmy with @repostapp
Blonde options! When booking your appointment wether you’re a brand new client, a current client looking for something different or just not sure what you get,@the_balayage_mermaid put together this handy guide. It’s even in order of highest maintenance to lowest, because She’s a hair nerd like that!
1. Highlights & Base: this is the highest maintenance blonde option (next to on scalp platinum) this is a heavy full foil with a base bump. The bump is applied in between your foils if you get gray coverage, if not it’s a bump at the bowl. Maintenance 4-6 weeks
2. Highlights: traditional foil highlights and or lowlights.
Maintenance 6-8 weeks
3. Foilayage: a combination of traditional foils and balayage, typically with a shadowroot at the shampoo bowl.
Maintenance 8-12 weeks
4. Color Melt: a soft balayage of the whole head that gradually melts from dark to light.
Maintenance 12-18 weeks
5. Sombré: hand painted highlights blended to perfection, the ends are optionally all lightened or just highlighted.
Maintenance 3-6 months
6. Ombré: hand painted lightened ends. Blended, and typically a high contrast of color between the roots and ends.
Maintenance 6-12 months
Still not sure? Ask, or schedule a free consultation!
#authentichairarmy #balayage #foilayage #blonde #blonde #ombre #sombre #brunette #losangeleshairstylist #hairinspiration #hairofinstagram #hairoftheday #losangeles