Happy Friday! As we head into the weekend, why not think about healthy alternatives to keep yourself on track. Here’s a #tb from our nutritionist, recipe and all. Enjoy! 😋
#Repost @thegourmetnutritionist with @get_repost
• RAW SALTED CARAMEL TART •
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
3 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. cacao
½ tsp. salt
9 dates, pitted
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
Dates, pitted and soaked in warm water
4 tbsp. coconut cream
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla bean
150g dark chocolate
Pretty Flowers to Decorate
1. Blitz the walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, cacao and salt in a high speed blender so it resembles coarse crumbs, add the 9 pitted dates and coconut oil and blend again until it becomes sticky.
2. Press the mixture into a spring-loaded pan or a pie dish with a loose bottom. Press the mixture in and fill in any gaps, push and press up the sides of the pan keeping the thickness of the base as even as possible. Place into the fridge to harden.
3. Soak the 20 pitted dates in warm water until soft, then drain add to a blender with the coconut cream, salt and vanilla bean. Blend until smooth in consistency. Add a little warm water if it seems too thick. It should be a spreadable caramel consistency.
4. Spread the caramel date mixture on top of the base. Put back in the fridge for 30 minutes to one hour until the caramel is cool.
5. When the caramel is cool make the chocolate topping. Break up the dark chocolate and add to a heat proof bowl with the coconut oil. Either melt in a double boiler or microwave in 1-minute intervals stirring frequently until smooth and melted.
6. Pour over the caramel sauce and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to cool until the chocolate is tacky to the touch, then add the flowers or decorations before it hardens completely. Pop back in the fridge.
7. Remove from the fridge one hour before serving and slice with a sharp knife with a flat edge. Run it under hot water and dry it between slices so you get a clean cut. .
#foodporn #tart #sugarfree #dates #yum #healthy #food #darkchocolate #salt #weekendfood #flowers #dessert #healthyfuel #fridayfeeling