2017-2018 FULL OFFSEASON PREDICTION! By no means will any of this happen, highly unlikely any of it will as needs will change throughout the offseason. This is just my initial take of what I think needs to happen to bring this team to that next level.
1. Fire Farrell. His decision making cost us too many games, and was evident this post season. Only winning one game in the last two post seasons is inexcusable with this core.
2. Trade for Giancarlo Stanton. Yes it would take a lot to get him and yes he’s injury prone and has a massive contract. But, we aren’t going to get to a World Series without more power. We need someone who can hit 40+ bombs a year. I would trade JBJ, Sam Travis, and others to get him.
3. Resign Eduardo Nunez. He didn’t play in the postseason but he was terrific for us in the regular season, also he can play all around the field, much better than Holt.
4. Make a push for JD Martínez. He’s a dynamic player in all parts of the game. Though he’s an outfielder, I would like him at 1B. With Benny, Betts, and Stanton in OF.
5. Resign Addison Reed. He had choppy moments, but a combination of Kimbrel, Reed, Kelly, and healthy versions of Smith and Thornburg could be unbeatable.
1. Betts CF
2. Benintendi LF
3. Martinez 1B
4. Stanton RF
5. Devers 3B
6. Ramirez DH
7. Bogaerts SS
8. Pedroia 2B
9. Vazquez C
1. Sale LHP
2. Pomeranz LHP
3. Price LHP
4. Porcello RHP
5. Rodriguez LHP
Undecided 4th outfielder, but I don’t want Young back
Last two spots up for grabs, Maddox? Scott?