🍝Voila! I’m so excited to share my @eatbanza pasta creation inspired by one of my favorite dishes I had in Sicily - Pasta alla Norma! [had to break out Mom’s gold fine China to plate]
It’s a delicious dish of fresh pasta enveloped in fresh tomato sauce topped with fried eggplant, ricotta salata cheese and fresh basil. By switching out the fresh pasta for Banza, I cut down the carb count and increased the protein, making this a guilt free indulgence.
1. Cut a Sicilian or Turkish eggplant into 1/2 inch cubes. Sauté in a good amount of extra virgin olive oil. For fried eggplant, use more olive oil. Wait to salt until the edges are caramelized and skin blistered. Add salt, pepper & crushed red pepper to taste.
2. Boil your pasta following the instructions on the back of the box. Cook until al dente.
3. Heat up your leftover homemade sauce or your favorite jar (use a garlic, basil & EVOO variety).
4. Once the pasta is boiled drain & coat with sauce (as much or as little as you like.)
5. Plate the pasta & top with sautéed/fried eggplant, crumbled ricotta salata, small drizzle of olive oil (optional) & torn fresh basil.
#PastaAllaNorma #Sicilian #Homecooking #PastaRecipes #EatBanza #EatBanzaPasta #GuiltFree #GlutenFree #ProteinPacked #RicottaSalata #BuonAppetito #Dinsperation