Are my recipes healthy? YES. I know that my recipes can look unhealthy but that’s not the case. I make my food appealing. To eat a healthy meal does not mean it has to be a bowl of raw salad every time 🥗 and tbh it doesn’t fill me up unless there are grains or some kind of complex carbs in it. Instead, to make things more exciting, I often make my recipes with veggies and greens combined into the meal and not as a side on the plate/bowl 🤓 For example, the “Goddess Pasta” (the green pasta a few posts back) has hidden fresh raw kale in the pasta sauce! 🤭 I know some people here enjoy eating raw salads (including me) but I also know that some people are not (also including me), therefore I like developing these kind of recipes. I do still advocate eating greens (they are very important) but they don’t have to be present in every single meal when we already are focusing on eating whole plant foods.
How about the meal on this photo, what does it actually contain? 🧐
The main foods in this meal are sweet potato, black beans and cashew nuts (sauce), these make the meal high in - Vitamins: A, B, C and folate - Minerals: Calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc
- It’s rich in proteins, good fats and fiber
- Bonus: this is a really delicious meal with a vegan cheese sauce but without all of the bad cholesterol and casein that comes from cheese 😷.
RECIPE MEXICAN POTATOES (serves 2, the recipe is also in my recipe app)👩🏻🍳
- 500g Sweet potatoes or whatever potatoes you like (bake or steam)
- 1 can black beans, drained (heat up in a pan together with a splash of water and 1/2 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp smoked paprika, dashes of cayenne powder)
- Cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (mashed)
- Vegan Cheese sauce (see app or e-book)
- Unsweetened coconut yogurt
- Fresh coriander
#plantbaseddiet #highcarb #veganbali #veganfood #veganrecipes #plantbasedpower #vegandinner #healthyrecipes #vegancheese