🚀🏃♀️💨 #AirportHack - How do you stay healthy whilst travelling? It's easy to slip into 'holiday indulgence mode’ before even reaching your destination, and it’s not unusual to have eaten your body weight in temptations whilst waiting out a delay! Being marooned aimlessly in an airport – bored, hungry, tired & emotional – is no fun, & the odds seem impossibly stacked against you to stay healthy. It’s often the case of grabbing a quick bagel, bag of crisps & a soda. Junk foods, like air, can be found anywhere, anytime. 💡! SOLUTION: Instead
1. STOCK UP: Make sure to have a nutritious, sustaining breakfast/lunch/dinner before you even leave the house.
2. DRINK UP: Stay hydrated. Recirculated air-conditioned airplane air is draining, & when you’re already dehydrated you’ll feel even hungrier as your body recognises that it needs *something*!
3. PLAN AHEAD: Bring your own snacks – you control the content – think nuts, seeds, fruit, water – at least until you get to your detstination and can enjoy a proper meal!
4. GO GREEN: Salads with some protein are a totally fair option if available, but be sure to check fat/salt content of things like the dressing – often a hidden calorie bomb!
5. SIZE MANAGEMENT: Watch your portions – nibbling little & often is better for the body’s natural metabolic pace.
6. MEET THE CHALLENGE: Being a bit hungry isn’t the end of the world and won’t kill you. Many swear that it raises mental alertness as you head into ‘forraging’ mode!
7. SLEEP IT OFF: Low in blood sugar? Feeling tired? Zzzz… far better than scoffing a packet of crisps and chocolate bar for the sake of it!
8. Stay active at the airport! Here a bit of fun a one leg deadlift but I've also seen yogis bang out a good hour on a mat right in the airport!
In these shots, I'm wearing my comfy fresh white @eccoshoes Cool 2.0s tonwait out my delays! Going to wake up in Bella Italia tomorrow, keep an eye out on Live Stories!! #COOL2.0 #Athleisure #fitspo #travel