Today’s Dessert is absolutely Stunning !
We are the biggest fans of Baklava & cheesecake. Therefore, my husband inspired me with this recipe that combines both desserts 😍
Imagine a bite that has a crunchy sweet base of biscuits and pistachios, topped with a smooth creamy layer flavored with rose water and Mastic.. topped with a chewy layer of sweet whole roasted Pistachios topped with a crunchy sweet Baklava layers!
It is a whole new experience of cheesecaking 👌🏼believe me you won’t regret trying it !
تشيزكيك البقلاوة.. وصفة من كامل ابتكارنا تم نشرها لاول مرة ب ١٢-٢٠١٧ 🤗 الطريقة بالعربي بالتعليقات👇🏼
For the base:
200 g biscuits
100 g butter, melted
100 g whole pistachio
3 Tbsp sugar syrup
For cheese cake:
400 g cream cheese, room temperature
200 g thick cream
2/3 cup condensed milk
1/8 tsp Mastic, ground
1/2 tsp rose water
10 g plain gelatin powder, dissolved in 1 Tbsp lukewarm water
1/3 cup slightly roasted pistachios
1/2 cup thick sugar syrup
380 g Phyllo Pastry
100 g butter, melted
1/2 cup vegetables oil
150 g pistachios, medium ground
2 Tbsp powder sugar
1 1/2 cup thick sugar syrup
Directions: - for the base: using a food processor, ground biscuits, then add pistachios, when we get a fine ground add butter and sugar syrup.
- Press into a 9” spring foam.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk cream cheese until fluffy and has no lumps, add thick cream, condensed milk, rose water, mastic and finally gelatins mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- Pour on top of the biscuits base.
- Cool in the fridge for a few hours until set.
- Add pistachios on top of the cheesecake, add some sugar syrup in order to make all stick together.
- Cool again for at least 4 hours.
- For baklava layer: trim phyllo sheets to fit on top of the cheesecake. - Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, place each phyllo sheet, swipe with a generous amount of butter. Top with another.
- Bake until golden brown, soak with sugar syrup while still hot. - Top cheesecake with the baklava part and garnish as required.
#baklavacheesecake #cheesecake #phyllosheets #phyllorecipes #food52 #foodie #foodporn #desserts