Platinum 💍 with a violet pearl base smudge. @pulpriothair #emilyandersonstyling #blondeaf @kenraprofessional #kenraprofessional @uberliss #uberliss
Top 10 things to know about having platinum hair below 👇🏼
1. Not every head of hair will ever be able to reach this level while still attached to the head. She is a natural level 8 and it still takes a lot of TLC and time to get to this.
2. Expect some damage, especially around the hairline. If anyone tries to say bleaching your hair to the palest level won't cause any damage (aka breakage and dryness) they are straight up lying to you.
3. With number 2 being said, know what products to use to protect your hair and keep it as healthy as possible. Ask your stylist what they recommend.
4. TURN DOWN THE HEAT! Nothing above 350 and definitely none of this 450 degree business. With that also minimal hot tools, minimal blow drying, minimal washing.
5. A process like this is time consuming, and costs 💸💸. Don't expect to be in and out of the salon. And keep your rout touch ups in the 4-6 range to help ensure the new growth isn't beyond the heat zone which helps prevent gold banding.
6. It's not low maintenance hair, you have to consider what your lifestyle is like. If you swim in chlorine all summer expect to have dry, brittle hair that doesn't hold the toner in.
7. Get to know your favorite purple shampoo cuz it will be your best friend. Toners for platinum hair do not last as long. If needed schedule a half way apt with your stylist for a toner only.
8. Trust your stylist if they tell you NO you can't have platinum hair. This could be due to many reasons, texture, porosity, integrity, natural level, previous color history, etc. Believe it or not we don't want hair breaking off as much as you don't.
9. Have fun playing with different toners, it's one of the perks to having platinum hair. You are also the rare few that can get pure pastel fashion shades. They will be temporary. Like maybe 5-7 washes.
10. This was super long and I still have another paragraph on this topic but I'll leave it at that. 😜