Mini cinnamon roll apple pies. Bringing two of my fave things into one bite-sized treat
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Combine peeled and chopped apples with 1 c sugar, 1 T cinnamon, flour, salt, zest and juice of 1 lemon, and vanilla extract.
3. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
4. On a floured surface, spread the butter on one of the pie crusts, cover with cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll and slice like a cinnamon roll. Set aside.
5. On a floured surface, taking your other pie crust, using a small bowl, cut out small circles.
6. Place the circles into your mini muffin tin, pressing down to fit into the tin.
7. Add in the apple mixture, about 1 T per muffin, lightly pressing down.
8. Add one of the cinnamon roll tops, press down.
9. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the pies are golden brown.
10. Cool and enjoy.
Premade pie crust (pack of 2)
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 ¼ cup sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
3 apples, peeled and finely chopped
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Mini muffin tin
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 small bowl