Things I learned (or relearned) in 2017, in no particular order... 1. There is no need to accept unacceptable behavior. That doesn’t serve anyone.
2. Hydration is not to be underrated. In fact, it might be the key to not getting sick every 3 months.
3. I will put money on my partner, Leslie, as being the best there is. She’s definitely the best there is for me.
4. I can feel a part of a family even if that family is new.
5. It is possible to completely pay off a grad school student loan, even if it costs you $500 a month for 10 years (🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽). 6. Vulnerability is always the best route, even if your voice quivers.
7. There is a massive upside to knowing your own worth.
8. There ain’t nothing wrong with asking for what you need. You just might get it.
9. There are some amazing people in this world...I know it because I see many of them 3,4,5 times a week.
10. Community is everything.
11. I can’t always fix things for others, no matter how sincerely I want to.
12. We all need a circle of trust...those vault keepers.
13. There are certain relationships which take a different form than what you originally wanted. Now they’re even better.
14. Sometimes you just need a Domino’s thin crust pizza.
15. Even if you feel you NEED to do something, respond to someone, tie up a loose end...it doesn’t mean that you SHOULD.
16. Cognitive dissonance is a very real thing: People whom you love(d) and respect(ed) can actually continue to defend and support a very bad person who is the leader of the “free” world.
17. Trust your desire to reconnect with someone from your past...Perhaps there’s something to gain...for both of you.
18. Days off are crucial.
19. There’s always more great music to discover.
20. The desire to cultivate a true, new friendship is rare and exciting.
21. Women are the f* king bomb, especially black women who are our unsung heroes.
22. I can lay to rest my 4-legged, canine, constant companion of 15 years and still go on. I can cry my eyes out when I miss her and then carry on.And I can open my heart wide to 2 other crazy canines whom I love big and who make me sneeze daily.
23. 2018 is going to be GREAT. #rocknhill