Day 1 of #justacardweek is YOU. I'm Diane, founder of eco-stitch. 10 things about me:
1. I wanted to take part in the #justacard campaign to encourage people to support independent creative businesses, especially in the run up to the festive season.
2. I grew up in the UK but spent a year during uni in France as a language assistant, where I met my husband.
3. I lived in France for 20+ years and worked as a fully trained teacher. My surname is Polish because my husband's family originally came from Poland. I see myself as European and hate the idea of Brexit.
4. I have 3 grown-up sons who are all bilingual. We moved back to the UK 11 years ago.
5. My husband and I moved to the beautiful Isle of Wight off the South coast of England a year ago.
6. The first creative business we set up 10 years ago was making display items out of acrylic/perspex/Plexiglas, but 3 years ago I wanted to move towards something that was more eco friendly and in keeping with my favourite hobby, knitting (nearly 40 years) , so eco-stitch was born. I'm passionate about linen and am a proud indie dyer of beautiful linen yarn.
7. I have designed quite a few garments for linen yarn but don't always have the confidence to publish my designs. I wish I was more adventurous in my designing.
8. I can't afford a bricks and mortar shop so sell mainly online.
9. To try and keep fit I swim. Last week I broke my personal record with 64 lengths (one mile!) in one session.
10. I hate alcohol and a couple of years ago I decided to drastically cut down on sugar. (OK, pretty boring, I know!) The effects were amazing and well worth it, although I must admit to giving in to temptation from time to time.
#ecostitchlinen #ecoyarn #indiedyer #wemakecollective #supportthemakers #wearethemakers #igknitters #knitting #knittersofinstagram #yarnspiration #createmakeshare #linen #handdyedyarn