Vegan breakfast banana bread 🍌🌼 super healthy and a great way to start the day! (under 200 calories per slice)
For the wet ingredients: • 3 large mashed very ripe banana • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed or psyllium husk • 1/3 cup plant-based milk • 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted • 2 tbsp agave syrup • 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the dry ingredients: • 60g coconut sugar • 1/2 cup rolled oats • 1 tsp baking soda • 1/2 tsp baking powder • 1/2 tsp sea salt • 1 1/2 cups flour of choice • Sliced banana, chopped walnuts, and/or chocolate chips, for topping 1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a loaf pan with oil and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth.
3. Stir the wet ingredients (ground flax, milk, melted oil, syrup, and vanilla) into the banana until combined.
4. Stir the dry ingredients (sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour) into the wet mixture, one by one, in the order listed. Stop stirring when there are no flour patches at the bottom of the bowl.
5. Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add toppings.
6. Bake the loaf, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes until lightly golden and firm on top. 7. Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. 8. Slice the loaf once cooled and serve with a spread of choice.