Hi everyone! super excited to share with you this recipe for a nutritious and tasty veggie burger, full of green goodness, fresh herby flavours and 20 grams of protein per burger! I served mine with some avocado, salsa and a side of sweet potato chips🤗
Ingredients for the patties:
* 1 onion
* 1/2 cup rolled oats (check if GF)
* 1/2 cup spinach
* 1/2 cup fresh parsley
* 1/2 cup fresh basil
* 2 cups garden peas (cooked)
* 1 can butter beans * salt & pepper to taste
* olive oil for cooking
1. Cook the peas in boiled water for just 2-5 minutes and leave to cool.
2. In a food processor blend the onion with the oats.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients for the patties: the fresh leafy greens, the butter beans, the peas and seasoning. Blend until you get a sticky, smooth green mixture.
4. Shape the mixture into burger patties and brush each side with olive oil.
5. Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and place the patties in the pan, cooking each side for 4-5 minutes. When one side is cooked and you flip the patties, place a slice of vegan cheese on top and cover with a lid while the other side is cooking, to allow it melt.
6. Serve the patties in a burger with fresh spinach or other salad greens and avocado.
For the sweet potato chips:
* 350g sweet potatoes
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* Pinch of salt and pepper
* 1 tsp paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
2. Place the sweet potato chips into a roasting tin and drizzle over the olive oil and season with the salt, crushed dried chilli flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well to coat, then roast in the oven for 20–30 minutes, or until the sweet potato chips are crisp and golden-brown.