On this edition of #HumansOfD5, we have Senior Art Director @melisachamorro sharing with us her current obsession as well as the best piece of advice she’s received. Read more below!
1. What are you currently obsessed with?
The Gifted on Fox. It's a Marvel show about mutants (I am not ashamed). Becoming a mutant is probably my life's greatest ambition.
2. What’s the best piece of advice someone has given you in the industry?
The best piece of advice came from my ECD at my first big advertising agency job. He said "don't suffer in silence." He made the point in reference to something small with HR and getting help with housing at the time but it's kind of stuck with me since then. You need to fight for what you want, speak up for yourself. It's also translated to just speaking up in general- your voice and POV is powerful so use it. Give your opinions, say what you think, maybe it's not right but at least you won't regret that you didn't say anything at all.
3. What do you do to keep yourself motivated and interested in your work?
I keep up to date with good work out in the world. It keeps me hungry creatively. However, the thing that keeps me most motivated is the drive to do something where my mom actually understands it and shares it on her own.
4. In one word, sum up what it's like to work at Droga5.
5. Describe yourself in three emojis
(📸 cred: @severalseconds)