Welcome to Duckburg, USA. Here’s your chance to meet Launchpad McQuack, Scrooge McDuck, Chip ’n’ Dale, King Louie, Gadget, and the Gummi Bears. Here’s the attraction that celebrates Disney’s successful entry into afternoon syndicated television.
* Have your map/passport of Disney Afternoon Avenue stamped at places such as Scrooge’s vault and Duckburg City Hall.
* Visit Baloo, the star of TaleSpin (and The Jungle Book) in his own dressing room.
* Take the Motor Boat Cruise to Gummi Glen to learn how Gummi Berry juice is made.
* Take a spin on the Rescue Rangers Raceway (Fantasyland Autopia).
* Enjoy themed refreshments, such as frozen Gummi Berry Juice bars.
During its popular eight-month run, guests could meet stars from “Duck Tales,” “Tale Spin,” “Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers” and “Gummi Bears,” including Launchpad McQuack, Scrooge McDuck, and Gadget!
Disney Afternoon Avenue opened and closed in Disneyland in 1991 (although a few of its features survived to 1992). This temporary “land” occupied the walkway from the Storybook Land Canal Boats to Videopolis (the current Fantasyland Theatre). The area under the train tracks that was Baloo’s dressing room is now the underpass to Mickey’s Toontown.
During the overlay, the narration of the Disneyland Railroad was changed for the segment between Frontierland and Videopolis stations, with Baloo and Kitt Cloudkicker providing the narration in place of Thurl Ravenscroft (Ravenscroft's voice was still heard on all other segments of the ride).