This week's #beautytip is all about contouring! Your face is three-dimensional, so applying foundation in just one color is going to leave your face looking flat. This is why you need to contour! It will bring that dimension back to your face AND give you a beautiful glow. .
A lot of people feel intimidated by contouring, but we promise it's not as bad as you think! // Contouring 101 //
1. Start by applying your foundation and concealer as you normally would.
2. Using a beauty blender or contour brush, lightly apply the contour shade where shadows are naturally found: - Along the temples
- Down the sides of your nose
- Underneath your cheekbones
- Your jawline
If you're not sure about your cheekbones, an easy way to see where the contour should go is by making a fish face. You'll want to apply it in the natural hollows of your cheeks. Just be careful not to use too dark of a color when contouring! Don't' go more than two shades darker than your foundation.
3. Now it's time to highlight! Again, you can use a beauty blender or a highlighting brush. Highlighter should be applied to the areas that tend to catch light: - On top of your cheekbones
- The bridge of your nose
- Your cupid's bow
- Underneath your lower lip in the middle of the chin
Want a little extra shine? Choose a highlighter with some shimmer!
That's it! If you're not feeling confident in your contouring skills, you can always schedule a session with one of our makeup artists. They can teach you how to contour like a pro and put together a beautiful makeup look with ease.
#contour #highlighter #makeup #beauty #confidence #Columbus #614 #aesthetics #cosmetics #fridaymood #instagood