Coming up THIS SUNDAY 9/23 in our ”What Mom Cooked on Sundays” suppers series at @189bydominiqueansel: our Executive Pastry Chef LeeAnn Tolentino (@leeannderthal) and Pastry Sous Chef Melanie Patricio (@sweetnothingsmjp)’s Filipino Supper. Their menu, inspired by family gatherings and their mom’s and grandmother’s recipes, includes:
- Lumpia Shanghai (Chef Melanie's mom's recipe), filled with carrot, onions, and sweet pickled relish, with sweet chili dipping sauce on the side
- BBQ Chicken Skewers, marinated inna soy, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, garlic, ketchup, and a bit of 7Up (a little family secret)
- Atchar, pickled green papaya salad with bell pepper and carrots in a sweet vinegar dressing
- Lechon, slow-roasted pork belly with crispy skin, with a soy, shallot, garlic and vinegar dipping sauce with a kick of Serrano and calamansi
- Garlic Fried Rice, a family staple - Leche Flan (Chef LeeAnn’s grandmother’s recipe) with condensed and evaporated milk, vanilla, and orange
Reservations are up now at DominiqueAnselLA.com and on @Resy.
@189byDominiqueAnsel @TheGrove #WhatMomCookedonSundays #SundaySupper