What to cook for Iftar? Well coinsidentally Regan & I were sent the new range of @madurasa.id honey. Yay! Other than their delicious pure, lime, and original type, they now release the Premium Honey which is said to be perfect for cooking 😍. Honey..honey..hmm...well I then immediately thought of making Korean Honey Butter chicken wings! Imagining the sweet & savory crunch makes me drool already 🤣. The recipe is inspired from the adorable @maangchi .Super simple yet satisfying. It will surely win the kids' tastebuds too 😌. For the full step by step cooking process check out my highlight above on #quickcooking. Enjoy!
14 pieces of chickenwings
1/4 cup all purpose flower
1/4 cup of potato starch/tapioca flour
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp shoyu
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp honey
1/4 unsalted butter
1. Basically put all 'chicken' ingredients in a bowl and mix well w your hands
2. Deep fry chicken in a pan until golden brown
3. Leave the chicken at rest for 1 min, then re-fry (yes it's right. Fry it TWICE for super crunchy result, says @maangchi 😁) for about 6 min -put aside.
4. In a separate pan, heat butter and put garlic till crispy
5. Put in shoyu, sugar and honey. If too thick, add water to your preferred consistency.
6. Put fried wings into sauce pan, mix well
I promise the taste is HEAVENLY...the honey makes it even yummier. I really like this @madurasa.id Premium since it doesn't burn easily and melts well with the other ingredients. Recommended, indeed ⚘
Btw .Regan ate a few wings within minutes 😄
#koreanhoneybutterchicken #chickenwings #madurasa