Day 2: Day 2 of my healthy lifestyle and I made some more chicken soup! I already know I’m going to get sick of it but for as long as I can have chicken soup instead of chips and other snacks, I will! I am by no means only having this soup but it’s just a good meal to prepare as it lasts, is pretty delicious, high in protein and low in calories. I think for working girls like me, we need something we can take to work with us and just heat up. Yesterday was the first time I had made soup and used a lot smaller amounts however today I have used larger amounts so that it lasts longer. Here you go guys, a quick and easy method below!
Chicken corn soup!
500g of boned chicken
Light soy sauce
One celery stick
One spring onion
Three egg whites
1. Add 8 cups of water, 1 heaped tsp of salt, half a tsp of pepper, 4tsp of light soy sauce to 500g of boned chicken and bring to the boil on the cooker on s medium heat. You are waiting for your chicken to cook through.
2. Once the chicken has cooked through, turn the cooker off, take the chicken pieces out of the stock and shread your chicken.
3. Put your cooker on a low heat. Place the chicken back into the stock with another half tsp of salt ( or more) ( Himalayan salt if you have it) and 2tsp of soy sauce.
4. Then add a big handful of sweet corn or however much you prefer.
5. You are going to add the cornflour next. Fill half a glass of water and add 1 1/2 tbsp of cornflour to the water and mix. Then you may add this to your soup, mixing the soup as you do. ( this is for thickness of soup - to make it more thick, add more cornflour but to keep it healthy, the less cornflour the better)
6. After this chop one celery stick and one spring onion ( about a tbsp of each) and add to the soup.
7. Add 1/3 tsp of pepper
8. Finally slowly add your egg whites to the soup, stirring the soup as you do this to ensure the egg seperates.
Now you can enjoy your tasty healthy soup which is less then 180 calories per bowl!