daveandkatemusic daveandkatemusic

1382 posts   4053 followers   2765 followings

Dave & Kate  She likes fancy socks and he lives life one taco at a time. (@david_gregory & @_katygregory). We should be friends.👇🏼

http://daveandkatemusic.com/

It's been a nutty couple months BUT WE MISS YOU CRAZIES! New show announcements and possibly some new tunes coming soon... we can't wait.
.
📸: @robertguerraphoto

We can have a church that looks like heaven, not just the neighborhood we grew up in.
.
Powerful, encouraging words today. During a week when words of hate have been given such a platform, I'm proud to be a part of a community who values diversity and fights for it.

Love these two to death. This has been a long time coming and on Saturday I was completely honored to stand next to his guy while he and this beauty committed themselves to each other forever. Jason and Aaron, you two have so many many people committed to you and the success of your marriage. Kate and I are beyond grateful to be a part of your future.

First day in a while to eat outside! Yay! 🤗 🍗🍴

Sorry for the radio silence as of late. To make up for it, here's a picture of Dave taking himself too seriously. We love you more than is appropriate. Happy #friday.

Just over 2 weeks ago my sister entered the ICU. After giving birth to my niece at only 31 weeks, her health began a dramatic downward spiral. It's a long story full of multiple diagnoses that on their own would have been highly unlikely for one person to experience let alone all at once. Her liver was failing. Her kidneys weren't working. She had blood infection and a dangerous liver transplant was looking like a necessary option.
Today her liver has fully recovered. The doctor said her kidneys have a 90% chance of recovery as opposed to the 10% chance they had when she was admitted. And she's continuing to fight and trend upwards each day. We're by no means out of the woods but are seeing miracles happen already.
She's currently at a separate hospital from my niece and has yet to be able to hold her. There's a lot of healing yet to happen and at the end of the day, there will be a mountain of medical bills both for her and my niece.
Your prayers have worked. They're still working and we still need them. But I'm asking you to DONATE and SHARE this post as well. There are videos from national news outlets that are covering this story with 10's of thousands of views. If every one of you who viewed gave even $5 we would reach our goal. Everything helps. $5 or $5,000.
I'm looking forward to holding my niece and hugging my sister someday soon. Until then I'm still praying and believing that hope and support will continue to rally for my her and her family from every corner of the country and world.
The link to donate is in our bio.

This isn't a word that I could consistently use to describe myself this week. As my big sister and been in the hospital all week withstanding attack after attack on her body, I've struggled to be fearless. This is my big sister. My sisters are the reason I'm not the same loud, unaware, desperate for attention little boy that they grew up with. (At least not entirely). In middle school when other kids were playing with their friends I was with my sisters (6 and 9 years older than me) and their college aged friends. Watching and learning. Watching them set standards for the type of man that they would even consider giving their attention to - the type of man it would take to capture the attention of a strong woman. When I was in high school and they moved out, I would watch them for the next 15 years closely. Every obstacle they overcame, every new journey they began, every boundary firmly drawn against insecurity and doubt was a Masterclass in how to be fearless. .
.
Now this week as I've been struggling to root out fear in my own heart - as I've watched my big sister battle kidney and liver failure among other things - there have been moments where I felt like that same 14 year old boy just watching and feeling helpless. Last night I received a text saying that Janelle has been intermittently waking up and asking if I know that she's ok and if I'm worried. "She doesn't want you to be afraid, so pray with love and no fear". Even now, as she continues to battle a combination of attacks that are unthinkable, she's fearless and she want me to be. .
.
It's her voice in my head when I begin to pray from a place of fear instead of faith and it's her example - again - that's the driving force behind my ability this morning to say there's no room for fear in our prayers. I'm believing with her and so many others that there will be miracles. I've seen them before and now I want one for my sister.

Successful night celebrating good friends. Congrats Tom and Aymi. Love you guys. #cutthecordero

Style brother from another mother. #twinning #newfriends #twoguysbowties #woodenhat

We don't really play open mics that often but this Thursday we'll play a short set at one of our favorite cafès (@magnoliasdallas) as the featured artist. Bring your instruments and share some of your tunes or just come see the show!
(Please disregard the strangers that unwittingly walked into our boomerang 😂)

I don't really write love songs, but I love the way this one has grown more as we've played it live. For now this is "Untitled".

Most Popular Instagram Hashtags