Sat, June 9! Step out in style @LACMA as we celebrate the vibrant new exhibition David Hockney: 82 Portraits and 1 Still-life. It's a day and night full of art, fashion, film, music, and dancing. From vintage-inspired classics to chic, contemporary looks, you're invited to bring your own style to the party.
• 10 am–7 pm | DAPPER DAY® Marketplace - Shop a refined selection of style-related vendors including vintage fashions and accessories, outdoors in the LA Times Central Court (FREE)
• 12–5 pm | Docent-led tours of David Hockney: 82 Portraits and 1 Still-life (free with general admission)
• 3–7 pm | LACMA summer tradition—Bring a picnic and blanket to gather on the lawn (free), or purchase food and drink at LACMA restaurants or concession stands
• 3–5 pm | Film screening: MONDO Hollywood: Take a trip back to L.A. circa 1964 and meet the artists, designers, hairdressers, and cross-dressers who defined the era when David Hockney first made California his home. The director will introduce this rare theatrical presentation of the cult classic. (FREE with reservation)
• 5–7 pm | Latin Sounds concert featuring Lily Hernandez & Orquesta. Hernandez was nominated for a Latin Grammy in 2009. Musical direction by Calixto Oviedo, Grammy Award- and Latin Grammy-nominated percussionist and a creator of the dynamic timba rhythm. (FREE)
• 7–9 pm | Dancing continues in front of Urban Light with the eclectic swinging sounds of DJ @professrwatson (FREE)
Event details at DapperDay.com and lacma.org @dapperday #dapperday #lacma #davidhockney #fashionfun #vintagefashion