Dodo Gizzard or Gizdodo Recipe:
I remember always wanting to know how to make this every time I buy them at mamacass restaurant.
If you were like me , here it is....Dodo Gizzard recipe @supermartng
The combination of gizzard and dodo (plantain), with a spicy-sweet paste, is perfect as lunch or a side dish. There are several ways to create this delicacy. Mix and match ingredients until you find what works best for you.
Servings: (depends on amount of plantain and gizzard used)
Prep time: 40 mins
• Chicken gizzard
• 1/2 onion
• Fresh Pepper
• Tomato puree
• Stock cubes
• Vegetable oil
1. Dice your pepper, onions, plantain and gizzard.
2. Put your gizzard into a pot; add some water, curry, thyme and some of your chopped onions.
3. Leave to boil for about 10 minutes.
4. For the sauce; pour 2 tablespoons of oil into a different pot.
5. Add onions, pepper, tomato purée, salt, stock cubes and thyme.
6. Stir and Leave to cook for 30 seconds.
7. Fry the plantain and gizzard.
8. Add the fried plantain and gizzard to the tomato sauce and mix.
Tip: Combine with rice for best meal combination.
#food #foodie #foodlover #recipe #diy #cooking