This is the first time in my life I’ve ever felt the need to put in place some boundaries with technology and work, so here goes:
1. Thou shalt not hold the phone to ones’ ear. This is more logistical than work-life balance and I know that this is a total contradiction as I’m doing it in the photo, but phones are dirty and I have blemish prone skin. I have seen such a difference in my skin since I started using AirPods. I may look a bit crazy to the odd person that can’t see the wireless headphones but that is fine with me.
2. I will try my best not to use my phone when I’m with Poppy on the days I pick her up from school at 3:30 (ie no after school club or extracurricular activity). Yesterday we baked raisin and oatmeal cookies, they didn’t come out very well, but we had a great time together and I want to do more of that stuff with her.
3. I will keep my Instagram usage to under two hours per day, which is a lot to the average person, but Instagram is a huge part of my social media platforms and blog and it needs time investment. 2 hours a day of MY time is enough.
4. I will try to forget about the numbers. The followers, likes and the impressions. I will post what I want on my grid regardless of if it was shot on an iPhone or DSLR. If I like the pic, it’s getting posted!
5. I will NOT work beyond midnight (midnight is late enough) and so I will get better at managing my time so that I can do the work during the day or I will delegate said work. Late nights should not be taken up working.
Anything else??? #CorporateStyleStory