You know what’s better than your house smelling like pumpkin spice candles? Your house smelling like pumpkin spice muffins. Try this gluten-free recipe by @snixykitchen.
Spiced Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Yogurt Glaze
½ cup (81g) sweet rice flour
½ cup + 2 tablespoons (97g) millet flour
½ cup + 1 tablespoon (68g) gluten-free oat flour
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup pumpkin purée
½ cup cane sugar
2 large eggs, room temp
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2½ tablespoons Chobani Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans or hazelnuts
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons oat flour
Maple Yogurt Glaze:
½ cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, sifted
1½ tablespoons Chobani Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon maple syrup
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweet rice, millet, oat flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the pumpkin purée, sugar, eggs, maple syrup, yogurt, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, mixing on low until just combined.
5. Divide the batter among 12 lined muffin cups and sprinkle the streusel topping on top of each muffin.
6. Bake for 26-30 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Once muffins are cool, whisk together the maple yogurt glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
8. Drizzle the glaze on top & serve!