It’s been a while since I introduced myself. “Hi. I’m Cate. Cate Be. Yessss, just Be.” Lol, that’s usually how it goes down when I introduce myself to someone new. I thought I’d share 21 facts about myself since I recently hit 41k. If you want to know a general story of how I became a potter, please visit my website and click on “meet the maker.” My website link is in my IG bio. You can also subscribe to receive shop update reminders through my website. Okay, okay, here goes!
1. Full name: Catherine La Vonne Be
2. My rising sign is Gemini, sun sign Pisces, moon sign Sagittarius
3. My birthday is March 5
4. I am the eldest of three children; I have one sister and one brother
5. I was born in Torrance, CA, but grew up in Moreno Valley, CA
6. I moved to Houston TX and lived there for several years
7. I was a musician for many years; nearly 12.
8. The first instrument I learned to play was the piano.
9. My favorite instrument to play was the French horn.
10. I performed as a trumpet player the longest.
11. I was in marching band in high school and in college, did drum corps for a summer, and loved every minute of it.
12. I am half Salvadorian and half Cambodian, and a daughter of a refugee.
13. My first job was working for Starbucks; My last job was working for Sport Chalet.
14. My first natural science love was Geology.
15. I studied and graduated with a BS in Ecological Restoration from Humboldt State when I decided to get a degree; I minored in Botany and Watershed management.
16. I lived in an RV for 7+ years, 3 different ones over those years (the first one had no hot water or bathroom).
17. I am living on my own for the first time in my life.
18. I am loving this whole #bathtime thing; I haven’t had a bathtub in nearly 8 years so this bath time thing is 😛
19. Self-love has become a priority and joy for me the last year.
20. I’ve been hurt in so many ways, but that doesn’t keep me from having my heart open.
21. I love connecting and making people feel good; I love getting butterflies and giddy; I am a hopeless romantic. .
If you made it through, thanks for sticking with me! I appreciate all the likes, the loves... (continued)