CHILD CAR SAFETY TIPS: Did you Know?... On average, every year 7 children aged 0-14 years are killed and 60 are seriously injured due to driveway run over incidents in Australia.* Driveway safety notice - spot the tot! Here are our tips on driveway safety and children 🚗
1. Always supervise your children and do not let them play around cars. When near cars, ALWAYS hold their hand.
2. Don't let your children use the driveway as a play area, create safe play areas inside your home or backyard instead.
3. Make access to the driveway from the house difficult for young children by using security doors, fencing or gates.
4. Drivers should walk around their vehicle to check for children before moving it, especially where children may have been.
5. If you are the only adult at home and need to move a vehicle, even only a small distance place your child securely in the vehicle while you move it. *Source: Kidsafe Victoria