Ever since I've started breeding I've had many questions regarding my dogs, so I thought I could answer them on this post.
1. Are you willing to create a breed? Are you breeding for a standard?
- Am I willing to create a breed? No. Do I breed to a standard? Somewhat. My standard is to breed dogs that have the same weight range, the same height range, the same temperament style, the same "look" etc. however my biggest standard is workability and health.
2. Why do you put wolf or wolfdog hashtags on your pictures?
- While they are only low content wolfdogs with high filial numbers (f2-f4) and they don't have evident wolf traits they are what they are and I do not lie about lineage because I really am not ashamed.
3. Why did you introduce wolfdogs in your lines?
- Health and Temperament. Since my dogs have a lot of WSS and GSDs in them they are still at risk of health issues even if my breeding stock are all health tested. Wolfdogs if bought from good breeders are very healthy and usually live longer than shepherds and since I wanted more independent working dogs the shyness/independence added just the trait I needed.
4. What constitutes your dogs?
Alaskan Malamutes, GSDs, WSSs and wolfdogs.
5. Why don't you say what outside studs you use publicly?
The outside studs I use are registered purebreds who fit their breed standards and are usually champions and breeders are nice enough to let me use them, however since crossbreeding is badly viewed in the showdog world I do not disclose their information. I discuss this only with my buyers.