In 1892 Tom Cochran served as Judge of the 26th Judicial District of Texas, appointed by Governor James S. Hogg to fill an unexpired term. Following his brief service on the bench, Judge Cochran moved his family to Austin where he practiced law until his death in 1913. The Cochran family lived in the Greek Revival home at 2310 San Gabriel Street, commonly known today as the Neill-Cochran House. Bessie Cochran, a member of the Austin Women's Club and the Daughters of the American Revolution, continued to live in the home until her death in 1953.
This collection of Cochran family photographs (AR.2016.055) depict members of the family in the yard of their home as well as documenting other places and scenes in Georgetown and Austin.
Head on over to the finding aid on TARO to find out more information. [Image: AR-2016-055-005] #austinhistory #austinpubliclibrary #archives #archivesofinstagram #librariesofinstagram #austinlocal #austintexas #atx