BRAID TUTORIAL •••••••
Little tutorial on how I draw braids - I get this question asked a lot so I hope this helps some of you!
1. Sketch out the outline of a braid. It is basically a v shape, with alternating lines crossing each braid.
2. Using a light colour, shade in the braid, leaving out where you want the highlight. To make it look more like hair, it is done in flicking motions.
3. Using a medium dark colour, shade over the light parts, going into the highlight a little bit.
4. Blend this all together, using the light pencils for the already coloured parts and white to colour on the highlight.
5. Using your next darkest colour, colour in the hair parts some more, and then blend again.
6. Using the darkest colour you have, shade in the corners of the braids, and where each braid intersects the next (the middle zigzag)
7. Optional: using the second darkest colour, draw random hairs everywhere to make the braid look natural, and use a white gel pen to do this as well. Don't forget to colour in the hair tie! •
The main tip to doing this is layering, and getting the right balance between colour and drawing streaks. •
Hope this tutorial helps all of you! Let me know if you'd like any more tutorials like this, and what 🖤😌