The menstrual cup was a hot topic on my IG Stories the other day (swipe left to see results from hundreds of votes), & I got SO MANY questions regarding my first time using mine. So. Thought I'd put together my first impressions of @mylenacup & share it with all of you! If this topic is a bit TMI for you, scroll away little angel. 👼
Okay here we go!
🙄 What took me so long to switch:
I've been thinking about switching since 2015 (yes, took me THAT long), but I just always forget & forget & forget, month after month after month. (Plus I was still working through BOXES of free pads from my sponsored work w/ Modess, lol)
🛒 What finally pushed me to get it:
But then 2 weeks ago, I was reading a zero-waste article & the Lena cup was linked; then I thought, 'ooh I'm about to get my period!' I clicked through, ordered it, and voila!
💛 What I'm liking so far:
- It can stay in for 12 freaking hours!🤯 Which means I only change it twice a day, AND sleep like a baby!
- I DON'T FEEL IT AT ALL. Seriously, I would have absolutely forgotten about my period... if not for my cramps 😭 But guys, seriously - no discomfort whatsoever
- No leaks 🙈 which is a freaking miracle for me
🙊 How hard was it to get in????
It was waaaaay easier than I expected. It only took me 1.5 tries & 5 minutes the first time I did it. 🏆 I still need to get used to it, but just like anything, it gets easier with more practice!
🙋 Other thoughts:
- I have NO idea how to do this comfortably in a public toilet.
- I got the size large, because @mylenacup said it's for heavy flow (which is me all the time), but I'm not sure if I should have gotten a small instead??? Thoughts????
- I am so amazed: if I had used tampons and pads, I would've used & disposed of a lot of pads + plastic packaging by now. Since this is washable and reusable, I haven't had any waste at all!
I hope this has been helpful, and encourages you to switch, too 💛 I feel so weird sharing about this in such a public platform, but SO MANY of you guys are very interested in this topic, so whatever 😂 If you have any more Q's, I'll try my best to answer them in a full blog post!