March 16th is officially #AnikaNoniRoseDay. At home. 😢🤗 This honor was made possible by a friend I've had since before I could drive. Someone I don't see often, but when I do, no time has passed. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
I received the #LegacyAward from #100WomenofColor At home.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡And I watched as all the other amazing women strutted across that stage dressed in accomplishment, the glow of inner beauty, some fierce hairstyles, gowns, and much deserved pride. It was so moving! I am so thankful.
Here are some pics. Mostly taken by others because I was so happy I forgot to take any of myself. 💛
1. With my beautiful friend, and founder of #100WomenofColor, @junearcher. (Photo taken by High School friend @timefrozen)
2. My speech
3. With beautiful, powerhouse poet and artist, @the_zulynette. I recognized her spirit before we even officially met. The words on the post previous are hers. #magical
4. With newly minted local designer @taerae.
5. Official things
7. Thank you. I'm ever grateful.
8. #100WomenofColor #100WomenofColor2018
Friday night in Hartford, Connecticut. People think exciting things don't happen here, but if they were at the #BushnellTheater this Friday, they'd know how wrong a statement that is.🙏🏽 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Face: Bloomfield grown artist: @paintedbybmua
Gown: @simin_couture L.A.