The walk from #oldtownsquareprague to #CharlesBridge and on to Prague #Castle and back.
1. #noedits #nofilter
3. Boys by the #watersedge at #sunset-- the simple joys of a slower city. Oh, and those rocky, uneven streets are gorgeous, but slippery
4. Castle in the distance, across the #river as #seagulls swarm at #dusk - no filter, #naturallight
5. Looking back on old town from Charles Bridge, the bridge lined by saints, with the old king at the entrance, kind of implying the #divinerightofkings, which I remember was always a tricky subject for catholic school since it praised order, but had to straddle a line between papal supremacy and a shared interest in the continued suppression of the masses and a complicity in enforcing unjust rule for centuries
6. The #bridgetower and the #king
7. #sailors peddling boat rides in impeccable #uniforms
8. #jesusandmary have #cobwebs on their faces, because religion is boring
9. Statue on the entrance to Prague castle, kind of says it all
10. The #cityatnight from the steps before the castle.
#nofilter on any of these. #pragueisbeautiful even though the downtown feels unreal, like a Disney city. I'll post more. So many more.... 😬
What an amazing world we live in, to think all this survived communism and to think this was my week as friends and colleagues have fought for their lives in storm-ravaged Houston. As I begin to work on cleanup and remediation efforts with coworkers, this all serves as a reminder to appreciate what we have. And a reminder to give back what you can, for there are so many who would give everything for just a chance at a little bit more of what we all take for granted.