@Regrann from @wishing.u.well_1111
Eyes are the windows to the soul, and I check eye movements with every patient for that reason - ➡️Maintaining a well-balanced, healthy diet is key to keeping your eyes healthy, and may help reduce your risk for developing eye conditions. Serious eye conditions may be avoided if you include foods that contain a range of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals, known as antioxidants. ➡️These antioxidants ward off oxidants that can affect your health in negative ways.
Your eyes need many types of antioxidants to stay healthy. These include:
* lutein * zeaxanthin
* vitamins A, C, E
* beta-carotene * omega-3 fatty acids
Food for thought:
➡️Beta-carotene, a type of vitamin A found in carrots that gives these foods their orange hue, helps the retina and other parts of the eye to function smoothly
➡️leafy greens are packed with lutein and zeaxanthin—antioxidants that, studies show, lower the risk of
developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
Palming is great to relax strained eyes, especially while reading or spending too much time in front of your desktop, laptop or television screen. The main goal of palming is to create a restful state for your eyes so they do not become tired.
1. Sit up straight in a comfortable position.
2. Warm your hands by rubbing them together rapidly.
3. Close your eyes and place your warm palms over them, without applying pressure on the eyelids.
4. Relax and enjoy the darkness for about 30 seconds.
5. Slowly open your eyes and look around.
6. Repeat the process 3 to 5 times at a sitting.
7. Follow this technique frequently throughout the day.
#massage #eyes #wellness #peace #health #instahealth #healthy #relaxation #school #love #healing #stress #lifestyle #exercise #instagood #instadaily #beauty #yoga#diy #positive #work #nature #eyesight #holistic #health #chiropractor #chiropractic #healthcare #vision