2017 was a year of many highs and lows for our planet, a year in which nature reminded us that we do not have absolute control over anything, however it put our human quality to the test in tragedies like Harvey's and we can say that it looks like we passed it.
Among the achievements of our Garrison last year we want to remember:
-The construction of 2 Large Props, the Hoth Hallway and a Speeder Bike that have helped us to obtain more donations for the different foundations.
- We supported organizations such as #CysticFibrosisFoundation #MakeAWish #BigBrothersBigSisters #AnimalRescueOfTexas #HumaneSociety #FabulousFaith #AutismSpeaks and causes such as #SullivanAtCelebration and #AngelTree.
- We visited many different Children's Hospitals and schools throughout our State.
- We helped achieve the Make-A-Wish endowment fund goal of 5 years in 10 months!
- We enlisted the oldest member of the Legion at her 90 years old!
- We inducted Tim Curry, Drew Struzan, Jessica Henwick, David Tennant and Nathalie Cox as Honorary Members of the Legion.
- One of our Squads became their own Garrison, @Ok501st , who now represent Oklahoma and have shown how well they can do it by theirselves.
We want to thank all the people who came to our table at each convention to donate money for the charities we support, to give us words of encouragement, support or gratitude for what we do and those who enlisted to be a future member of our Garrison. Thank you all for believing in us and be our reason to continue growing, in all the amplitude of the word.
Thanks to the private contributors, those who in their private celebrations invited us to be part of the "entertainment" of their celebration and in return, donated money to good causes on our behalf. You are proof that the world can be better if we all join forces.
Finally, thanks to our troopers, all 481 members, who have left appart their families at least once a year to give all their love, compassion and joy to others.
To all, very Happy New Year 2018!
#StarGarrison #501stLegion #BadGuysDoingGood